Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What I Want for Christmas

I was flipping through the new issue of "O" magazine yesterday and came across Oprah's favorite things. Oh how I would love to be an Oprah audience member for her Favorite Things Special this Christmas. I saw all these great gifts however I cannot see myself ever wanting any of it. All I want for Christmas is for my loved ones to be happy and for me to continue being happy.
This year has brought so many new, drastic and happy changes to my life (and dealing with the new transition has been very smooth). Its very unchanny however the things life throws at you. This time last year I didn't know Josh even existed, I was engulfed in my dream job and I was single, not looking for a man to complete me becuase ultimately I completed myself.
Now I feel like I can't wait to get to get home to be with him, I look forward to the weekends and for once I don't feel tied down by a man. It's very hard to feel tied down when you can't imagine your life without that person in it. I don't feel he completes me but I do feel my life wouldn't be as joyous.
This Christmas I just want to celebrate the blessings in my life. I don't want a present, I just want happy memories to build on for the future.